Foundation looks like it’s going to be one to watch. I may need to do some prep work and re-read Asimov’s original as homework before this comes out in September.
- Anyone got a spare $150K lying around for a beautiful piece of music history?
- I’m not convinced a rebrand of Canada's National Gallery is really a good mark of making reparations with Canada’s native peoples, but acknowledgement and facing it head on, even through a brand project is something.
- You can now buy fonts through I Love Typography including a collection of exclusive new releases. Nice one John!
- Speaking of new type — the 2020 Type West class projects just launched a new microsite, and free (just cover shipping) printed specimen booklet.
- There’s some little subtle funkiness in Lang Syne from Arrow Type and available through development on FutureFonts. That lowercase g is fab.
- Not a huge Metallica fan myself but mix in some St. Vincent and my interest is piqued.
- The final nail in the Instagram coffin for me is coming sooner than expected. Sigh.
- Stephen Doyle’s paper sculptures are right up my alley.